Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sitting and Watching the Muggles Go By


Now that I've become a treasure-hunting detective I think I may be going a bit bananas over my hobby. My husband and I went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, an Indian food place called The Bombay House, and afterward I convinced him to help me find a cache in the area.


We walked the streets past new and old buildings, some under construction. I could feel the heat rising up from the pavement, even though it was evening and should have been cooling down.


My husband was a real trooper, playing along with me and pretending he was enjoying the experience. The first geocache seemed to be missing, so he allowed me to drag him to the next spot.


A group of tourists stopped and asked us to recommend a restaurant. We were so full after eating at Bombay House, that we forgot to mention how much we love it and instead directed them to an Italian hole-in-the-wall place called Dolce da Vita.


The hunt led us to these green benches where we sat and watched the muggles walk by. We snooped around in the bushes and felt a little awkward as people saw us scrambling around in confusion.


Eventually we found the treasure hidden in a very clever place. I figured out where it was, but Dave rescued it with a long piece of scrap metal taken from a nearby construction site. We spent quite a bit of time trying to retrieve the little green bottle because it was stuck.



Unfortunately, there was no pen or pencil in the cache and I hadn't brought one on our date... so we were unable to sign the log.


Not many items were included in the cache. We left them, returned the container to it's hiding spot and went back to our romantic date.

My assessment of this hunt: 4/5 for cleverness of hiding spot

No comments:

Post a Comment